Thursday, May 28, 2009

Busy, Busy and...Sick, Sick

Two weeks ago I got Strep Throat and was feeling pretty crumby, then last week Mark got sick and couldn't stop throwing up because he was dehydrated and had donated blood. I ended up taking him into the ER Monday morning at 1 am and they had to give him fluids and anti-nausia. It took him about 4 more days to feel back to normal. Now this week we went to the Splash Park in Rexburg and Daniel was being really whiney and just wanted me to hold him. Sure enough after being there for about an hour trying to cheer him up... he puked. I should mention that I cannot handle puke right now. Mark puked while we were driving home last week and I pulled over in-time but then after I smelled and heard it I lost my cookies out the driver's side door. So needless to say I handed Daniel over to Mark this afternoon because I just can't take it! Fun huh?
So in between all these fun going-ons we drove a moving van down to my parents rental house in SLC and helped load it up, finished some work on Mark's parents deck in SLC(with the help of our wonderful brothers, Mark built his parents a new deck a few weeks ago) then drove back that night and helped them unload it here in Rigby the next day. Memorial Day was spent in Pocatello and that was fun, and tomorrow my parents are bringing up hopefully the last load of their stuff and we will help them unload it on Saturday. Wow. Did you get all that? So pray for me that I will not get this flu bug, the last time I got the flu was when I was prego with Daniel and I can tell you that is about the worst thing ever!!!
On a good note!....My younger brother, Conner received his mission call today and he is going to the Tallahassee, Florida mission in August. Yipppeee! We are so proud of him. I was hoping he would be around to see our baby before he left and maybe even help bless him, but I am just too happy for Conner right now to wish anything more. Well hopefully my next post will be a little more happy. Sorry.

4 comments:

Amiee said...

Aww...I'm so sorry! Hope you guys get feeling better soon! Good luck!

The Clews Crew said...

I'm sorry, I hope you're all feeling better. I have to laugh at the throw up stories. Sorry, but I totally know how you feel. Puke smells or sounds when you're pregnant do not help anything. Call us if you need anything.

Dev and Bri said...

So through my blogging, I found you! I was just reading that your brother got his mission call to the Tallahassee, FL mission. Anyways, my uncle is the mission president over that mission! And congrats on the pregnancy, I'm like 11 days behind you:) Hope all is well!

Harris Family said...

Sorry about all the sickness...that sure stinks! Hopefully you didn't catch it! Congrats to your brother. I lived in Tallahassee for 5 years-it is a great place with lots of GREAT people. I bet he serves with people I grew up with. Exciting!