Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Today....

So how many things can go wrong in one day? Apparently many...it started at 12:01am when Daniel finally went to bed for the night, or so I thought. He woke up at 4 and took my place in bed so I slept on the couch. Then he woke up for good at 7, unloaded a box of cereal onto the floor, got into some painting stuff (I caught him before it was too late), got into my make-up, threw toy cars into the bath (while I was in it!!!), threw a tantrum at the gymnastics and almost jump off the tramp 5 ft down into the pit (I caught him there too), hit every kid in the McDonald's play place, screamed all through Kmart and Les Schwab (we broke a wheel on our car on our way out to run errands-ugh! and we were there for 1.5 hrs), scattered a box of checks, unloaded every toy in his closet and didn't play with any of them, and finally he almost took a trip down the stairs in his ride on car (once again... mommy saves the day!) And these were only a few of his tasks he performed today, joy! I read my friend Tiffani's blog and it sounds like her day was similar to mine, sorry...maybe if you come up for a visit we could just lock the kids in a padded room and go shopping while we pay a babysitter to watch them for a whole day. I would have payed a lot of money to have Daniel be watched by a babysitter today!!! I can't complain too much because I think the little bugger is asleep and it is only 7 o'clock...maybe i just jinxed myself. The problem was mostly me, I was so cranky today that my fuze was 2in long, I've promised to be better tomorrow. Thank goodness Mark volunteered to do the dishes tonight!

3 comments:

Gena said...

Oh Ashley! You and poor Tiffani! Your day sounds extremely hectic. I'm glad you didn't pull out all your hair! The things I get to look forward to, right?

Unknown said...

dont you love being a mother to a toddler that is a boy.i agree with the whole padded room.

i think i am going to kill my husband right now because he just said after i had just read your blog to him. you guys make it seem so hard. i will be back in a minute.

Harris Family said...

Ashley!!! I feel your pain-you obviously read about my fabulous day yesterday! Carson decided he didn't want to go back to sleep when he woke up then he wet his pants in bed. He got up, I changed him and he laid in my bed for 30 minutes then came in the living room and pooped his pants. Our children must be on the same wave-see just how far I can push mom before she dies.
Good thing today was a better day for me-hope it was for you too! I believe a padded room in our future home is a must!